Washougal 6 Hour MTB Race (Satuday June 11)
‘Washougal 6 Hour MTB Race’
Presented by Zone 5 Promotions and Half Fast Velo
Date – Saturday June 11th, 2011
Venue Location – Washougal MX Park, Washougal, WA.
Directions – From Portland (via I-5 or I-205): Take SR-14 east towards Camas/Washougal. . Heading east on SR-14, after passing Camas turn LEFT at 15th Street in Washougal. Head north on 15th St. At Evergreen Hwy 15th becomes 17th, continue north. 17th becomes Washougal River Road. Stay on Washougal River Rd. for 5 -1/2 miles. Turn LEFT at NE Hughes Road. Turn RIGHT at NE Borin Road. At 1 mile on Borin turn LEFT at the Washougal MX Park Sign. After signing the property waiver, turn RIGHT at the first road/gate.
Course – ‘Washougal 6 Hour MTB Race’
The course will be at the Washougal Motocross Park in the beautiful Washougal river valley. The race course will wind around the 263 acre venue. The route will be 6 to 7 miles and will consist of forested climbs, single track with creek crossings, fast runs on a massive open meadow, and some Motocross track action. Bring your climbing legs and gear those SS rigs right, expect about 850ft per lap.
*Course subject to change based on weather or availability.
Schedule (Event time frame/ proposed) –
7:00am-9:00am - Race plate pick-up (we’ll use custom plates) & day-of-race registration
9:30am – Meet at start for racer instructions
10:00am - START (staggered by category)
3:45pm – Last lap start (time cut-off). Get one more in or you’re done!
4:30pm – Finish (time cut-off). Time to complete last lap, or you just got some extra training!
5:00pm – Awards, food, and beer!
Solo Men Two-Person Men Multi-Person Men
Solo Women Two-Person Women Multi-Person Women
Solo Singlespeed Two-Person Co-ed Multi-Person Co-ed
Solo Men 40+ Two-Person Singlespeed Multi-Person Junior.
Solo Women 40+ Two-Person Master 80+ (combined age)
*[Multi-person team can be made from 3-6 racers].
Race Fees (PER RACER):
Solo: pre-reg. $50 / day-of reg. $55
Two-Person: pre-reg. $40 / day-of reg. $45
Multi-Person: pre-reg. $30 / day-of reg. $35
Juniors: pre-reg. $20 / day-of reg. $25
Registration – Three ways to register:
1) MAIL IN: Fill out the OBRA Race Release and mail checks made out to:
ZONE 5 PROMOTIONS
3021 NE 72nd Drive, Suite 9, PMB #318
Vancouver, WA 98661
2) Online Pre-registration: OBRA Online Registration (Online Pre-registration closes June 3rd at Midnight.).
3) Day of Race. Register at the event, but arrive early enough to get in line.
• Race entry
• Fully stocked aid station (bars/gels, electrolyte drink, water, snacks).
• A post-race feast including Chili and cornbread or Rigatoni with marinara sauce and garlic bread.
• Entry into the post-race raffle.
• Mechanical support during the race.
Prizes – Medals for the top three in all categories. Random prizes (generously provide by sponsors) awarded at the post-race raffle.
We need course marshals and people to help with set-up and tear-down. Feel free to contact us.
Membership & Licenses - OBRA membership required for all riders. Single race memberships are available for $5.00. Annual OBRA licenses can be purchased through the OBRA web site or at the race for $25.00. We will waive the one day OBRA license fee for all WSBA card holders (application still needed).
Race Numbers – We will be using custom MTB plates. These can be picked up at registration the day of the event.
Important Notes –
• MTB rules in effect. Standard Bicycle racing rules apply. Approved helmets required at all times (including riding to and from registration, during warm-up, cool down) while at the venue. Failure to comply could result in disqualification. Course is closed for warm-up until clearance has been given by the chief judge and/or race director.
• Bring cash or checks to the venue. You will NOT be able to pay with credit cards!
• Bring your membership card with you to the race.
• Please use the provided Port-a-Potties, not the bushes.
Contact Information -
(360) 823-9778 mobile
OBRA and the organizers of this race do not provide insurance coverage for injuries that occur at the race. The costs related to those injuries are the responsibility of the individual participant. Helmets must be worn at all times while on a bike. Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry for any reason.
Coffee generously provided by Kobos Coffee.
Chili and cornbread or Rigatoni with marinara sauce and garlic bread by Nourish Kitchen.
Fermented goddess nectar p/b Ninkasi Brewing.